"It makes me laugh! I'm still amazed by what I do!"
Her power, it seems, lies in her hands. Sceptics might think there's no such thing as the healing touch for fertility. But the women that have been beating a path to her door believe otherwise...
It sounds ridiculous; far-fetched - and Sue is the first to say so, but the desperate women who have gone to Sue don't think so. Many of them have tried for years to conceive a child and had gone through the stress and heartache of many infertility treatments.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Then, one day, a client, came to me with a more unusual request than help for a back problem or a migraine. "She had a thyroid problem and was on medication that made it unsafe for her to get pregnant," remembers Sue.
"She desperately wanted a child but the only option was to come off medication and have an operation on her thyroid. She came to me to find an alternative way to treat the problem. After about a year blood tests showed the problem had disappeared."
"Her hormones were sufficiently balanced for doctors to be able to cancel her operation. One day, when I was working on her uterus reflex on her inner heel it felt different. I asked her if she was pregnant - she was!"
Mum's the word: Reflexologist Sue Calvert (front centre) with a few of the happy Mums and their children.
Baby Fraser, Sheffield
"Sue certainly set the ball rolling, now we have three daughters"
(left) C.R. from Sheffield with her twins
Abbie and Thomas
(right) L.M., from Sheffield, expecting.
"And I do believe that it is some women's path in life to have children," she adds. "I don't think I have great power," she adds demystifying the whole thing.
"Cynics say it must in the mind, and I tell them they are right - because what happens in the mind can often cause physical problems in the body. This simply addresses possible causes of infertility and increase the options to conceive."
200+ successful pregnancies
Simple steps to aid fertility | Applies to both women & men
HOW TO OVERCOME FERTILITY PROBLEMS
and get pregnant
• Try to eat as much wholesome food as possible; keep take-aways and junk food to an occasional treat.
• Try to keep to a healthy body weight.
• Stop smoking and limit your alcohol intake to under six glasses of wine a week. Both smoking and excessive alcohol can affect egg quality and
• Make sure any existing medical conditions such as asthma or diabetes are managed and under control.
• Take regular exercise.
• Avoid stress.
• Avoid taking Ibuprofen or any other prostaglandin inhibiting drug when ovulating.
• Aromatherapy oils can be blended to help you to relax and improve your chances of getting pregnant while increasing the options to conceive.
• Stop smoking - this is another toxin to sperm, again, encouraging infertility.
• Don't put your laptop on your lap as this raises the temperature of the scrotal sac - so do steam baths, saunas, hot baths, tight underwear.
• Certain aromatherapy oils will also help to relax you and get you in the mood!!
Important legal note:
Though we are happy to provide products and services which will help you to improve your health and well being, we do not 'treat', or aim to 'cure' any disease. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
66, Pingle Road, Millhouses, Sheffield, S7 2LL United Kingdom
Tel. +44 (0) 114 236 8559